Health Insurance Coverage for Hearing Aids
One of the most common questions heard in our hearing care clinic is “Does my insurance cover hearing aids?”
Because each health insurance provider has different coverage packages and varying levels of benefits, there’s no easy answer to this question without an extensive review of your insurance policy, which can be time consuming, frustrating, and confusing.
In spite of the fact that they can help enhance your quality of life through better hearing, restored relationships, decreased risk of balance-related falls, and improved cognitive function, deciding to treat your hearing loss with hearing aids is a big decision. Knowing if your hearing aids are covered by insurance helps make your decision easier.
South Sound Audiology wants to ensure that everyone who might benefit from hearing aids has access to them, so our team of professionals includes an insurance specialist who is able to answer your questions about insurance, check your coverage for you, and make sure you get all the financial assistance your policy provides.
You Will Need to Answer 9 Questions to Know If Your Insurance Covers Hearing Aids
- Does my insurance include any benefits for hearing aids?
- If it does, which benefits and how much coverage is provided?
- Are there deductible and/or out-of-pocket amounts that must be met before coverage kicks in? How much?
- How often will the cost of new hearing aids be covered by my health insurance plan, or how often will the benefits renew?
- Can I see the audiologist (practice) of my choosing, or am I restricted to certain network practices or providers?
- Does my preferred audiologist or practice accept my insurance?
- Will coverage include diagnostic hearing evaluations and/or other services related to hearing healthcare included with my hearing aids?
- Will I need a referral from my primary care physician in order to be covered?
- Can I choose the brand/type of hearing aids I like best, or am I restricted to purchasing a generic brand/type?
Our South Sound Audiology Insurance Specialist Can Check Your Insurance Coverage
If you’re confused and frustrated by sorting through page after page of insurance jargon to determine your eligibility, deductible, extents/limits of coverage, and other related aspects of your health insurance coverage, maybe it’s time to let us do the heavy lifting for you.
Our insurance specialist knows how to navigate the terrain of a wide variety of insurance policies from different insurance companies to discover whether your hearing care and/or hearing aids are covered as well as make sure you receive all the financial benefits available from your policy.
We work with and are certified to bill several major health insurance providers, including:
- VA Community Care Network
- Labor and Industries
By letting our insurance specialist check your coverage before your initial consultation, you and your audiologist can eliminate the worry of how you’re going to pay for treatment and focus on your better hearing health goals.
Check My Health Insurance Coverage for Me
Not sure if your health insurance covers hearing aids and hearing care services? We’ve got you covered at South Sound Audiology.
Our insurance specialist can check your coverage on your behalf and get back to you with the results. All you have to do is fill in the requested information on the adjacent form and submit it; we’ll do the rest.
Ask The Experts
A Comprehensive Guide to Cigna’s Hearing Aid Insurance in Washington State
A powerhouse in the realm of health insurance in the United States is Cigna. This prominent health insurance provider offers...
Understanding Medicare’s Hearing Aid Coverage in Washington State
There is an increasing awareness of the impact of hearing loss on quality of life, leading to a surge in demand for effective...
Navigating Premera Insurance for Hearing Aid Coverage in Washington State
A leading name in Washington State's health insurance landscape is Premera Blue Cross. As a major provider of health...